1. My worst customer service experience!!!

   

As you all know, I am Vietnamese and I celebrate Lunar New Year or we call it "Tet". On the first day of Tet, we give and receive lucky money to wish all the best for children and parents. This year is the first time I have celebrated Tet far from home without my family, so I sent lucky money to my parent and my sister through the sending money app online. And my nightmare starts from there. 

    My friend and I have used Taptapsend, a mobile app for sending money worldwide for years, and it worked very well. We sent and received money from Finland to Canada to Vietnam in just a second. It is very convenient and confidential, and I have never had any trouble with the app. Until this Lunar New Year. 

    I sent money back to Vietnam directly to my parent's bank account. At first, it was pending for 2 days, I just thought it was because of the banking server. Then the app showed that my money was successfully sent to my parent. But they have not received anything at all. 

    I tried to call the customer service hotline of Taptapsend, but there were all automatic answers which led me to reach their website to chat with an "AI assistant" and it did not find any solution for my case. I also sent a lot of emails to their support mail address but did not receive any reply. After a few days, I could not talk to any real customer service agent, I sent another email to them and mentioned I would call the police to investigate if they did not answer me back. 

    Three hours later from my last email, they replied to me with a short sentence "We received your request on that transfer. We are working on it". There are no apologies, no mention of solving time. The next email I received from them was the requirement to send them my parent's bank statement for the last 30 days. And until now when I am writing this blog, my money is still somewhere else, not coming back to my account or sending to my parent. 

    I am really disappointed with their customer service. When something happens, we, the customer need explanations and solutions from real people, not from AI engines or pre-recorded phone answers. But nowadays, more and more companies are using AI to try to increase customer service speed. I hope that one day if AI totally replaces people in customer service, it will be more useful and can solve all the customers' problems in short period of time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3. Individual choice rising

2. Is marketing plan important to a business???